Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Nah'Sun

SPOTLIGHTING AA AUTHOR!!!!



This is probably one of my favorite interviews, to date. Nah’Sun is straight to the point, open, honest, and a true blast of fun. His sense of humor and great word play had me laughing, fist-pumping, while shaking my head hard in agreement at his “truth”, "Da truth".  Nowadays, we do have individuals who call themselves “writers” “authors” who just don’t get it. Not trying to knock anyone, but it is what it is!!! Much thanks Nah’Sun for your candid, yet insightful and heartfelt interview. You ROCK, and inspire ME to be a better writer, by staying true to myself and the things that I want to and love to write about!

Meet Author Nah’Sun:  






1. Tell us a little bit about you and your books

I’m the champion author for big girls. I was told to write what I like, so I decided to write about the thick and sexy. My mind has a GPS that drives wild on curves. The Thick series is a 7-part series detailing the lives of plus size and full figured women, and the guys (like me) who love them.

I know I’m qualified to write about plus size women as a male because I didn’t have to do the homework…I knew the homework. I did however ask questions for minor details such as how a woman feels when she’s made love to, and the feeling of squeezing large hips, thighs, and caboose in some jeans. Other than that, I’m cool money, baby.

Two novels in the Thick series are available for sale while I’m working easy on the third. You can get the first two Thick novels @ www.nahsunblaze.com

The proof is in the thick.

                                      
Thick Synopsis: 

She’ll do anything for thickness…even kill herself for it.

Chance hates her slimness. She feels left out in the cold because of her lack of size. Society caters to full-figured women during her era. Most guys lust and dream about dating women rocking double digits clothes. She’ll do anything to be thick without losing herself in the process. And when she does live the life of a plus size woman, she’ll know the true meaning of “be careful what you wish for.”

Thick When the Chances are Slim is a comedy/drama/erotic novel that shows the importance of self-acceptance while finding comfort under your skin regardless of size. The story will grip your eyes through every shock, laugh, and heart pumping action from the first sentence to the last. Get ready for a blaze…a Nah’Sun blaze.

                                            
                       
Thick 2 Synopsis:

Size still matters in the mind of Chance who was once slender, but later enjoyed the thrill of sudden thickness. She struggles with dieting and working out to lose a few pounds to live thick and fit.

While Chance balances her shape and size, Veronique suffers in a household where her fullness is frowned upon by her father. Issues of family tradition along with her love affair with Lakim also complicate her lifestyle when she walks the thin line between pop culture and family customs.

Fashion shows, court dates, ex-lovers, and culture clashes pack the punch in to this drama-erotic sequel to Thick when the Chances are Slim. Feel the blaze…a Nah’Sun blaze.



2. How long have you been writing?

Since the 4th grade.

I’ve been in the book game professionally since 2009. I don’t get myself involved in book industry politics because it’s bullshit. 95 percent of the industry is full of frauds frontin’ for the public. I write for the fans who love great stories. I love my readers. There wouldn’t be a Nah’Sun without them. I don’t write to kiss ass and dickride to get people to like me. I write because I’m good at it. It’ll be a shame to waste the food for thought I can feed the world to nourish their hunger for well-crafted stories.


3. What inspired you to start writing?

Strip clubs inspire me to write.

If I’m suffering from writer’s block, I’ll hit up the tits and ass clubs to re-energize. I make no apologies for that. If you want a good story out of me, you’ll accept it for what it is.

I don’t make it rain at the “skrip” clubs, though. I’m more like the faucet that’s not turned off all the way. I go for shelter, kinda like the kid that says “fuck the world” and runs away from home just because he feels like it. That’s me. That’s how I escape to write. I love talking to “skrippers” more so than getting lap dances from them because for the most part they’re honest about whom they are and what they do. I get my rocks off from a good conversation pretty much.

And besides, there’s nothing more beautiful in the world than a woman…straight up.


4. What are your plans as far as writing in the future?

I plan to end careers.

A lot of so-called authors and writers don’t have any business writing a book. They don’t study the art of writing. They dive head first without a parachute, and then wanna bitch about readers, fellow authors, and reviewers “hating” when they get bad reviews.

That’s not me hating. That’s me regulating.

I’m sure you don’t wanna watch a basketball game full of scrubs. So I don’t want a bunch of idiots in the book game writing just for a quick buck, fuckin’ up the game for everyone by driving down the value of books.

One move that a person makes can throw off the entire industry like a rock that’s thrown in the ocean causing waves…it’s the ripple effect. We’re all in this together as authors. I write for myself, the readers, and the integrity of the game.

That’s like me selling real pairs of Jordans for $200 when you have fake hustlers selling the bootleg ones for $40. It’s to the point where people don’t know what’s real and what’s fake anymore…they’ll accept the fake shit because it’s cheap regardless of knowing it’s NOT the real thing.

That’s pretty much the current state of the book game right now, at least on the Negro side of thangs.

Authors who sell e-books for 99-cents should kill themselves, get reincarnated, and kill themselves again. They’re fuckin’ up the game by half-assing the shit, but when I point that out, I get called the “hater” instead of authors going out their way to look in the mirror to correct themselves.

Just like if someone had told me a weakness of mine that I need to strengthen to step my shit up.

You see how you got these young boys nowadays runnin’ wild in the streets killing themselves. You wanna know why? It’s because you don’t have the OGs (Original Gangsters) in the game to check them for acting reckless. The OGs are either dead, dying old in prison doing basketball numbers, or strung out on dope. You see, back then dudes killed for a reason, as ignorant as that may seem, but nowadays these young jokers are killing each other and innocent civilians with no rhyme or reason at all.

They lack guidance and the proper game which make the block hot full of cops that’ll stop the real hustlers from getting money.

The book game is crazy like that…but hey, I’m the hater…LOL


5. What do you hope to accomplish in your books to your readers?

All I’m gonna say is that my books are off the hook. Just be prepared to get entertained from an author who takes his art serious as you’ll also learn a few things in the midst of laughing, learning, and getting horny.

Peace!

Nah’Sun the Great

Website www.nahsunblaze.com





My favorites:

Song – “Shout” by Tears for Fears

Singer – Ronald Isley

Film – The 36 Chamber of Shaolin

Book – The Hagakure

Author – Seth “Soul Man” Ferranti

Actress – Sally Richardson

Actor – Robert DeNiro

Season – Fall

Color – Black

Holiday – New Years

Day – Monday

Outfit – Suits and ties with some leather, suede or animal print shoes


It has been a pleasure getting to know more about Nah’Sun. I will most definitely be reading his work. Being that I am a woman with curves, it warms my hearts to see “curves” getting the love and appreciation that “they” deserve! Now, let’s show our support to Nah’Sun by visiting his website, connecting with him on social media and last but not least, purchasing his books. Feel free to post any questions, comments or concerns. I’m sure Nah’Sun would love hearing from you.

Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged and be you!!!

Purple Hugs & Kisses,
Keke Chanel

4 comments: