Thursday, December 4, 2014

Will It Ever End???



I was watching TV with my husband today and saw reports on the Eric Garner incident. *takes a deep breath* I am so in my emotions right now. 

I was inspired to write this post. A vicious cycle is repeating itself and something has to happen before we are taken out one by one. Before a: he-looked-dangerous-so-I-shot-him-even-though-he-had-his-hands-raised-but-he-was-black epidemic takes flight. 

I pray no one is offended by my words, but if you are, take a good look in the mirror and reevaluate your life. We will all be judged by God…where does your fate lie?

Does My Voice Sound Like Silence??
“A System cannot fail those who it wasn’t meant to protect.”
                                                                    --W.E.B. Dubois

I am a person. I am a human being. I am relevant. When will my voice be heard? Am I to be disregarded forever? Didn’t my ancestors suffer enough! We say color isn’t an issue in today’s society, but we all know this is total bullshit! Innocence lost and what? Nothing… 

Land of the FREE my ass!!!! But will we ever be really?

It shouldn’t be about what color my skin is, or the fact that I like to wear my hair and clothing a certain way. It shouldn’t matter what type of music I listen to or if I decide to take a walk down the street alone in broad daylight. It shouldn’t matter if I stand up for myself or someone else. But sadly, it does. It doesn’t matter whether I get straight A’s in school or not; whether I am shy or outspoken. The fact of the matter is I AM BLACK!!! 

I try to stay positive but it becomes harder each day. I don’t watch the news anymore because it’s too depressing. My smile is tainted with a frown when I hear someone who isn’t being racially profiled say “why do you people always make everything about race?” Ask me that question again when you live one day in my skin complexion! 

If we were all made in the image of God, how can we hate our brother who is of a different hue of skin tone as we are? A question I ask myself each time I see another black man, boy, or child killed because of being “ethnically different”. If this is making the headlines, couldn’t you say it’s a serious problem!

Once treated lower than cattle; my people rose above the waves of slavery but are still sinking when it comes to equality. Do we pose that much of a threat to your social standards” or are you really scared that we will unite as a people and finally claim the land you stole, which we built as the so-called land of opportunity?

When will this ever end? When will the color of our skin not matter? Can we just live in a world of humanity? Where doing the right thing and not breaking the law isn’t according to the color of our skin? 

No one is perfect! There are bad seeds in every race, but why is being black considered toxic? BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!!! And if you don’t know by now…you should hang out with more black people. (I’m just saying…) We know how to have a fun time.

I don’t want to worry for my son when he leaves our home and go hang out with his friends because of skin tone. Sure I’ll worry because I’m a mother, but when being black puts a target on his back no matter what, how can I not want to keep him home where he is safe? I weep for all the mothers who told their child “see you later” who never made it back home alive because of the color of their skin.
This has to stop…NOW!!!

Feel free to voice your thoughts/opinions by leaving a comment. 

Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged and be YOU!!!
Purple Hugs,
KeKe Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment