Wednesday, September 19, 2012

BOOK RELEASE PARTY




The week was moving by so fastly, that I lost sight of what day was what, anticipating my big night. I was so overwhelmed trying to make sure everything for the party was a success, running smoothly. By Wednesday, all hell broke loose. I wanted to pull my hair out but I continued to smile, because if I trust God, I couldn’t allow doubt to creep into my mind. When Thursday came it seemed as if nothing was right and a few of the main performances for this event wasn’t coming to take place. I didn’t hear from the photographer that was supposed to set up my background for photos, the t-shirt guy messed up my signature shirt and my lyrical dancer hadn’t learned the dance to the song of my choice and dropped out, so that wasn’t going to happen either.

I felt broke in a way because of wanting my big night to be great. Yes, I am a perfectionist so the smallest things kinda get to me. Everyone who knows me knows this fact, and they try to help as best they can. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. As the day turned into evening, with no word from anyone, I just kind of wept inside not to let anyone see me sweat, I believe weakest is a sign of fear and God doesn’t give us the spirit of fear.

As decorations began to transform the place for the party into an elegant setting, I looked around and started to calm down. ‘Everything is coming to work out and this is going to be a great event’, I told myself. Placing each stiletto around the room, I relaxed. I guess it’s true, there is nothing like a little shoe therapy!  

Friday, my friend arrived in town. She helped me stayed calm and we went to finish up some last minute things, as well as pick up another t-shirt I had made for that night. That t-shirt turned out perfect. It was an exclusive shirt, just for the night, with my book cover on front of it. I must admit that when I first saw the shirt, I wasn’t impressed, but when I saw it in person, I loved it. One thing had finally been successful, so what else could go wrong?

Time was speeding by and before I knew it, it was after noon and we still hadn’t put the finishing touches on the decorations for the space. To me it felt like a million things had to be done, but with my family and close friends, it all got done. The decorations were perfect, the cake looked and tasted amazing, a dancer was found and danced beautifully, and the evening turned into a great night filled with laughs, tears of joy, and having a grand time.

I took picture after picture with everyone who was in attendance, who wanted to and signed each book for the people who bought their previously bought copy or purchased during the event. There was a deadly in stilettos contest and the women who participated worked the dance floor, showcasing their beautiful shoes. The crowd cheered them on and the winner received a special prize. We even got the men involved in a dance contest, in which the winner received a gorgeous red silk neck tie and pocket silk. There were also other prizes given throughout the event.

Traditionally, authors read excerpt from their work at a release or book signing, but I wanted to do something different. I had a book trailer made and played it right before doing a skit, and the crowd loved it. It was wonderful and I plan to make each event here ever better than the one before. I am already thinking of ideas for my next release party. Deadly in Stilettos is my debut novel, but there are many more to follow. Keke Chanel is here to stay!

I want to thank each and every person involved in that night, making it a big success. I am truly grateful. I could not have done this without all of you. They all know who they are, so I won’t call any names. But I do want to give a special shout out to Stephanie and the rest of the Quality Inn Conference Center staff. You all rock! Everything was amazing. I look forward to using your hotel for future events. (Can I get a discount for next time?) LOL

Deadly in Stilettos is my baby! My debut novel and I am so extremely proud. It is a book that will keep you guessing until the very end and even beyond that. Deminis Bradshaw is a woman who is out for redemption, and promises to get her life back from all the women and men who took a part of it from her. She will leave you in awe, experiencing every emotion known to man. Her love for beautiful shoes will make you want to go out and buy a pair or two for yourself. She uses them as therapy, confidence and her motivation to get even. No one person should experience all the things that Demi encounter along her journey. Just because she is beautiful, intelligent and has traveled all over the world, doesn’t mean that she is happy. Looks can be deceiving!

I hope you will read Demi’s story for yourself and take the journey to the unknown with her. You can find Deadly in Stilettos on amazon.com barnesandnoble.com booksamillion.com and through authorhouse.com. It is also available in eBook, and for the kindle, kindles for IPhone/IPad, nook and other devices.

Check out my website for upcoming events, book information, and tour dates: www.kekechanel.net
Follow me on twitter: @keke_chanel
Find me on Facebook: Keke Chanel 2012
Get to know me on Instagram: Keke_Chanel2012
Friend me on Goodreads: Keke Chanel

Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged and be blessed!!!

Smooches,
Keke Chanel     

No comments:

Post a Comment