Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"New Beginnings"


As Autumn Approaches...

Autumn is a time of full-maturity; a time for change and full potential. “Fall” as it is referred to, is my favorite season of the year. I love that is isn’t too hot or too cold to be outside enjoying the gorgeous transformation taking place right become your eyes. It’s magical! There is something about the way the leaves change color and fall onto the earth creating a beautiful canvas of reds, oranges, yellows and golds: Red, signifying the blood of Jesus; Orange, harvest and praise; Yellow, meaning light, joy and celebration; Gold, Glory to God and purification. *It means all of those things to me*

Autumn paves the way to winter, the birth time of Jesus. To me it’s a sense of renewal, strength, promise and knowing that I am never alone even when I feel lonely. *I am so glad to know that being alone isn’t the same as being lonely. Most people don’t grasp that concept. For example: Being lonely is when you are the only one at home, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you are alone. That time can be a blessing; a moment of “me time”, whereas being alone is having no one at all in your life to talk to, hang out with or just for support.*

Autumn is a way of reflection and remembrance, a new beginning. Some may not see it as I and it’s perfectly okay. There is no right or wrong answer just my opinion and belief in what autumn means to me. The fact that it is the start of the holiday season and I get to spend more time with my family and close friends brings a smile to my heart. Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday, my first being New Year’s Day. *It’s my birthday…LOL*

Many people get sad and depressed during this time of year because they may not have families to spend time with or simply have the meaning of the season confused with spending money on gifts or the great deals they can get on Black Friday! When you truly open your heart, mind and soul to the true meaning of the season, everything looks and feels differently. The small and petty stuff becomes irrelevant.

It’s not about what sweater looked good with what pair of skinny jeans or what pair of boots to buy, or which scarf matches the color of your eyes, it’s much deeper. Although fall attire is awesome and I do love a great pair of boots and skinny jeans, I look beyond the material things focusing more on self-preparation and the embracement of change. Doing so keeps me humble, motivated and inspired to try new things; to step out of my comfort zone and push myself beyond my limits. If you don’t encourage yourself, who will?

If I am blessed to see winter, which brings a new year, I set realistic goals to achieve so that I stay faithful, trusting and dependent on the higher power which dwells within me, not make resolutions that will more than likely be broken by Valentine’s Day. Don’t go into a new season as the old you! Challenge yourself to become better in mind, body and spirit. Your heart and soul will thank you for it profusely. You will feel healthier and happier than you ever can imagine.

You hold the key to whether you embrace change or become complacent with the way things already are. If we never grow, what’s the point of existing because living in hell isn’t how God wants us to live? Take risks! Go into the new season with expectancy and with an open mind to try something you normally wouldn’t. Share this idea with someone and try something new together. I plan to do just that. Make autumn your best season yet, and make lasting memories that will live on forever. “Remember that your book is not complete until you are no longer here to write the next chapter!”

Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged and be you!!!!

Purple Hugs & Kisses

Keke Chanel       

No comments:

Post a Comment