Monday, August 31, 2015

Happy Feelings








Five Things to Help You Stay Positive

We all go through moments when we don’t feel positive. It can be due to stress on our job, financial hardships, losing someone we love, and many other things. Sometimes, we are simply tired of feeling like we are not living up to our full potential in life. We all want to find our purpose and cultivate it. We all want to live life more abundantly. There is nothing wrong with that. But negativity has its way of getting in our heads, throwing us further off track. It can consume us. It can cause a downward spiral if we are not careful. Misery does love company. Don’t take up residence in pity hotel with a roommate called sadness. There are ways we can overcome these waves of self-loathing. Here are a few ways I stay positive even on my gloomiest day.

1.   Think of something that always brings a smile to your face.
I think about seeing my children for the first time. I think about my wedding day. I think about having a new day to get things right that I messed up the day before.

It’s essential that we think immediate positive thoughts when negativity rears its ugly head, and as long as there is life in our bodies, it will.

2.   Take a deep breathe or meditate.
I learned from taking deep breaths that it slows down the heart rate. Being stressed can cause heart attacks, strokes, anxiety, and much more to our bodies. We only get one body. It is up to us to take care of it as best we can. Being negative can be mentally and emotionally damaging. Meditating on something calms the mind, body, and spirit.

I love the sound of water. Most times, when I find myself becoming negative or anxious, I meditate on the sound of waves hitting the sand of a beach. The tranquil feeling I get takes me to my happy place. A few deep breaths later when I open my eyes again, I am free from all negativity. I am able to focus on what matters most in my life.

3.    Change your scenery or environment.
Going for a walk can be refreshing. Designating a special place in your home where only you are allowed to work or relax can be just want the doctor ordered. Why do you think runners like running outside? Right, they love the change in scenery and the fresh air. It’s perfectly okay having a place just for you. Let’s face it! We all need our ME-TIME.

4.     Reward yourself.
Buy yourself something special. We work hard to have nice things. Why not pamper ourselves every now and then? Even if it’s just a pair of knockout sunglasses, you deserve it. Stop waiting on someone else to do it.

I love journals. Buying a new journal is one way I reward myself.  Another way, is buying nail polish. It’s safe to say I have an addiction when it comes to nail polish. I feel happy when I see a color I don’t have.

Anything that put a smile on your face is something you can focus on doing to stop negativity from becoming cancerous in your life.

5.   Give it to God and leave it there.
Some things are bigger than us. The only way to get through them is to pray about them and move on. Have faith that everything will work out for your good. Once you acknowledge the problem, pray about it, and give it over to God. Don’t pick it back up again. Let it go! We all know the saying: “Don’t worry if you pray, and don’t pray if you worry.” There is nothing too hard for God.

Remember, life happens. There will always be good days and bad days. You decide if your good days will outweigh your bad days. A positive attitude will take you further in life than one, consumed with negativity.

I hope my tips help you. I am no expert, but I know what works for me. If I can help make someone else’s life a little bit easier, my work is done. Be blessed. Happiness is contagious! Try it.

Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged, & be you!

Purple Hugs,
KeKe Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment