Monday, August 3, 2015

Have you ever felt stuck???



Feeling Stuck

Have you ever felt like everything is moving fast around you while you are moving in slow motion? Chin up! You are not alone. This happens to the best of us during times we need to take a step back and see what is truly going on around us. I believe it’s a way to reflect on our progress, our passion, and our purpose. We sometimes get thrown off track by taking on too many projects at once. We can allow people, places, and things to distract us from our vision. Don’t be discouraged! Using something meant to be negative for something positive will come out of this setback. We all need recharging every once in a while.

I am not too proud to share with you that lately, I have been suffering from extreme anxiety. My mind is constantly going. I feel like I’m standing in quicksand. There are so many thoughts running through my head. I cannot sleep, think straight, or focus on any one thing for longer than five minutes. Am I going to allow this anxiousness to overtake my life? Will I lose control and burnout? No! God didn’t bless me with all the things that I have to just give up. Instead of having a breakdown I dust my shoulders off, take a step back and reflect on the things around me, and see the positive in every area of my life. I smile at my children. I laugh with my husband. I work on projects I haven’t worked on in months with fresh eyes. I pray and allow God to guide my steps.

Think about it. If life was as simple as we want it to be, we wouldn’t appreciate the small things that make us who we are. We wouldn’t pray or have faith. We wouldn’t value our future, or teach our children to work hard for the things they want in life. There would be more depression and chaos in the world than it already is; which would ultimately lead us to an untimely death caused by a silent assassin called stress. We would become stagnant, complacent. Our wants, needs, desires, and expectations would become null and void. We would simply walk through life with tunnel vision. I don’t know about you, but I refuse to live so dearth.

I’m here to tell you that it’s time to dust yourself off, take a deep breath, and press on. You are relevant. You are blessed even in times of darkness. You are right where you should be, but it’s unquestionably not the position you are destined to be. If we don’t take time out to reflect, we become self-absorbed. We become overly confident. We become boastful. Words search as: humble, appreciative, and gracious become lost to us. We forget that God exists and gives us life!

Feeling stuck isn’t a ruthless thing. I believe it’s a necessary thing in order to progress. Let’s face it, if we didn’t feel stuck from time to time we would work ourselves crazy. We wouldn’t take time out to enjoy life. We would become beat, bitter, and broken. We would forget to smile, to laugh, to live.

Once you get back on track, and you will! Stop thinking you are not worthy of the things you have accomplished and more. Stop thinking you are not enough. Stop making excuses for where you are now, and start thinking about where you want to be. Stop second-guessing, or overthinking your gifts. God created them in you. That should give you a reason to fight the funk. You are worthy! You are enough! You are great! Remember that life happens. Not every day will be fairies and unicorns. There will definitely be trolls and dragons. At the end of the day, if you don’t think more of yourself, your brand, your company, or whatever it may be, no one else will.

Sometimes we have to encourage ourselves. It’s okay to be our own cheerleader, but having a great support system is abundant. Surround yourself with individuals who are like-minded, who want to better themselves and their future. Connect with people who will motivate and inspire you. Not everyone who started out with you will finish with you. Not that you are ungrateful to them and how they affected you in some way, it’s just time to move forward. Putting yourself first isn’t a crime it’s called cultivating! Pruning out weeds is essential to any garden that expects a full harvest, after the seeds are planted. The key is planting the seeds!

So, the next time you are feeling stuck think about having a car. We take care of the car because it gets us to where we want and need to go. If we don’t maintain it, it will breakdown. Our gas needle warns us that we are in need of gas by what? A light comes on! The car doesn’t move as fast as it has the potential to do so. I say this to say sometimes our fuel will run low. It’s up to us to fill ourselves up again in order to reach our final destination. Don’t allow taking a time of reflection to cause you to become empty. Relax…breathe…and accelerate to the next phase of your life. It’s already waiting for you to arrive. In other words, SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!!!

Until next time, Be Encouraged, Be Inspired, & Be You!!!

Purple Hugs,
KeKe Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment