Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Follow Your Dreams



What’s Your Dream?

In commemoration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, I wanted to take this time to inspire anyone who has ever had a dream, and didn’t think it would come true. Take my personal experience for example: I have been writing on and off, all my life. I started writing in the third grade after my teacher read us a poem one day in class. I don’t remember the name of it, but I do remember the impact it had on me. The way the words flowed together, creating a story, captured my attention and introduced me to what would become my first love, poetry

Even though over the years I tried to shy away from writing, it wouldn’t depart from me. Every milestone in my life, poetry was there, writing was there. When I was too emotional to speak, all I had to do was pick up my pen and paper, and my feelings flowed endlessly; scripting poem after poem, short-story after short-story, and now full-length novels. Others would read my work and feel inspired. Others sought me out to compose pieces for their significant others and other life-changing events, as well as tell their journey through time, in a book. 

Writing is my passion! Once I figured out it was (is) my purpose, my dream became a reality. Most people go through life without discovering their purpose. I am so thankful that I have. I pray you will discover your own if you haven’t already. Going through life unfulfilled brings regret, which leads to resentment and bitterness. I noticed lately that I have talked about those three things a lot. I know there is a message for someone. I pray clarity to you right now, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If Dr. King wouldn’t have followed his dream, I wouldn’t be here to see mine come true. My dream of writing my first novel came true in 2007. My dream of becoming a published author came true in 2012. See the time-gap between the two? I didn’t give up! I stepped away from my dream not knowing it was my purpose yet. My dream of becoming an award-winning author came true in 2014. I get to travel and meet people from all over the country, doing events, book signings, and workshops. I’m not where I want to be by any means, but I am living the dream…My DREAM! 

So know that if you can dream it and believe it, then ultimately, you will achieve it; see it manifest. Life is too short to live in regret, to be stagnant and complacent. Someone once told me, “If your dreams don’t frighten you, you aren’t dreaming BIG enough!” I truly believe that. Take a risk… Challenge yourself… Put forth great effort… and watch your dream turn into reality! It’s well worth the pursuit. But, don’t go chasing rainbows without thinking there won’t be any storms. Pack your all-weather gear, and get going. Obstacles will happen to throw us off course, but I believe this is only a test of our faith and determination. “There are no testimonies without tests.” Remember that!

I hope this post inspire you, motivate you, and bring hope to your journey; so that you will follow your dream(s). I pray you peace, purpose, and prosperity…

NEVER ALLOW ANYONE OR ANYTHING  KEEP YOU FROM PURSUING & ACHIEVING YOUR DREAM...
Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged, & be you!

Purple Hugs,
KeKe Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment