Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year!!!




Can you believe its 2016 already? Where did the time go? What do you hope to accomplish this year? Do you make resolutions or set goals each New Year? Personally, I set realistic goals and work diligently to achieve them. This has been my routine for quite some time, and it has worked for me more than I could have imagined over the years. Point being, I have to decide on what’s important to me in order to achieve anything I set out to do.

How did 2015 treat you? I enjoyed last year, but I am ready for change; something brand new. I believe 2016 will bring this for not only me but all of you as well. I experienced a few setbacks with my health last year which resulted in making some lifestyle changes, but I am pleased to say that I am on the right path to healing mentally, emotionally, and physically. Life happens! Some things we cannot control, some we can. The way we handle these obstacles that stand in our way determines the outcome to the problem, so that ultimately, a resolution is produced. Don’t allow trials and circumstances to dictate how you live. If there is breath, in your body, FIGHT!

Here are a few things to remember when you set your goals or make your resolutions for this year. I hope you find them helpful and useful. They have worked for me, and I pray they do the same for you.

Stay positive…

Yeah, I know! It’s easier said than done. But it’s true. Staying positive will produce a positive attitude, resulting in a positive mindset in every area of our life. Not just for us, others will see our positivity and gravitate towards it. Positivity is contagious. Everyone wants a slice of the pie, even if they have no idea what the pie tastes like. Whether we believe it or not, someone is always watching. Some people need guidance. Some need to see the smile on our faces to help them press forward. There are two kinds of people in the world: Leaders and Followers. Which one are you?

Stay focused…

It is one thing to set goals and make resolutions, but in order to achieve anything in life we must stay focused on the tasks at hand. We cannot work hard the first three months of the year and expect positive results in the end. Faith without works is what? Right, DEAD!!! Don’t start one thing, stop, and then move on to something else without at least reaching a turning point. This creates procrastination, which gives flight to “not getting a damn thing done.”

Surround yourself with goal-oriented people…

Often times, people who have the same mindset, flock to each other. They push and motivate each other. They support and inspire each other. They laugh together, cry together, and fight for each other. They see the potential in each other, and don’t give up when the going gets tough. And believe me, it will get tough. Nothing in life comes easy. If it does, run! You won’t have it long.

Be your biggest cheerleader…

There is nothing wrong with promoting yourself! If we don’t believe in what we do, no one will. Speak boldly and passionately about your craft or service. Even when you are taken out of your comfort zone take a deep breath and push that nervous energy to the side. Confidence is key! Have you ever been in a room and someone walked in and changed the dynamics of that room? It’s called perception. The way a person carries him or herself plays an important role in the way we perceive them. Walk with your chest out, your head held high!

Celebrate…

This last one is simple. Reward yourself! Working hard to achieve anything requires blood, sweat, and tears. It’s okay to reward ourselves even if it’s only a new book, new dress, new suit, or bigger items. We earned it! This gives boost to keep fighting, to keep achieving bigger and better things, to never throw in the towel. Accomplishments are our hard work paying off. Embrace them and celebrate big!

I would love to hear what you plan to achieve in 2016 and even the things you accomplished in 2015. Email me kekechanel2012@gmail.com or post a comment below. Let’s make this year our best year yet!

Until next time, Be Inspired, Be Encouraged & Be YOU!!!

Purple Hugs,
KeKe Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment