Monday, January 7, 2013

Another Year Older...

I know this post is late, but I just wanted to share my day with you guys!!! 

"Bday Night with my Hubby"

So I'm a New Year's baby! My mom told me that when she went into labor with me, that my Grandmother and Father dropped her off at the hospital, making sure she was okay first, and then left her there to go cook. Yeah, I know right! Sounds very inconsiderate, but it was a holiday and my family loves to eat, as well as cook. My Mom is a great cook, just like her mother. I wasn't born until after three in the evening, so it didn't matter much because they didn't miss my arrival. Needless to say, my daddy was there in time, and my mom got to get her strength back with some good home cooking instead of the bland hospital stuff they call food. I, made my passage to the world, brightening the lives of my parents and older sister. Without me, they would have been lost! (just kidding...not really)

"It wasn't a good bonfire, but it got the job done"

I had a wonderful day. Beginning in church, then a bonfire with food, family, friends and fireworks, I was overjoyed. Turning 35 is a milestone to me because I feel like my life is just taking off. I know most of you will say, "wow, that's late", but since I recently published my debut novel and ready to release my second book, I have finally found my niche. My purpose has been discovered and I am ecstatic about what my future holds. Writing has always been a passion of mine, but now that I know without any doubt that I was born to be a writer, life seems, I don't know, brighter to me.

"fireworks"


My hubby, as well as my cousin and his girlfriend, took me out to dinner and then we went to see "Django Unchained". Just having the people I love around me was the best gift I could receive. It's the simple things in life that matter most to me. I don't need to make a big spectacle made, with lavish gifts and people praising me. There's no need for that, but most people feel the need to be validated or praised. God didn't create me that way and I am truly grateful! Each day is like a birthday because we are blessed to live.

"Me and My Bae"

"chilling with friends"

"Me and my cuz Amber"
"Me and my cuz Troy"
"My Brother and BFF"




This year, I will set realistic goals to achieve and if by chance one or two don't happen, I won't give up or get discouraged. I will simply "keep pressing forward"! The only thing that keeps you from reaching your goals is to stop working to achieve them. Being optimistic is essential in getting the job done. Start today by making this year, your best year ever! Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged and be YOU!!!

Purple Hugs and Kisses,
Keke Chanel


Don't forget to check out my new website: www.thekekechanel.com
Follow me on Twitter: @keke_chanel        
Get to know ME on Instagram: kekejo33

(just a few pictures for your viewing pleasure! too many to post)

No comments:

Post a Comment