Monday, January 23, 2012

“Indescribable Strength”

This particular topic will probably not agree with a few of you, but I write about what’s on my mind. If you don’t like or agree with this post, “Get over it!” But hopefully, someone is touched or helped through their situation and time of heartache. I am here to encourage, shed some insight on various topics by giving my opinion or thoughts on the matter. This post is no different. So, enjoy, be open-minded. If you differ in opinion or belief, as I always say, feel free to leave a comment and we can discuss it. I pray that someone’s heart isn’t as heavy, their mind less confused by the end of reading this post.
Over the last few weeks, I have been blown away by the level of strength one person can actually possess. Even when faced with the worse pain imaginable, their level of strength never wavered. In fact, the strength that person generated, helped others cope with their pain and heartache, even get through this saddened experience. I’m speaking about my baby sister. She is amazing! I love her dearly, unconditionally and eternally. I didn’t think it was possible but my sister proved differently. I look at her and smile because she is someone truly special. Although she questions why such tragedies happen to her, she inspires others to keep pushing, keep believing, and trusting God that something better will come. If you have ever faced sadness, just know that “this too shall pass”.
My sister’s strength is one of the things I love about her. She never gets negative or allows darkness to overtake her. She stands tall…firm…like a mountain. She continues to persevere regardless of how and what others may say about her. I personally don’t think I could endure all that she has and still come out stronger, wiser and ready to take on the world even more. It is said that “God doesn’t give us more than we can bear” but why must one person go through more than one tragedy in a lifetime? I asked myself this over and over again and then I realized that God needs tough soldiers in his army, who will fight the enemy without fear, giving in or running scared. My sister is equipped, ready for battle, against any opponent. “I truly feel safe knowing that she is on our side.”
Losing someone is always hard, but losing two people she loved dearly is just insane. Still in all, she continues to fight, stand tall and help others overcome their own tragedy. I overheard several people say that she helped them renew their faith and trust that God is real and will never leave or forsake them. Any people cried on her shoulders when it should have been the other way around. She held them…embraced them…encouraged them, assuring them that they would be okay. Instead of falling apart, she held it together. She spoke love, positivity and blessings into their lives. Life happens, sometimes smacking us hard in the face. How we chose to handle our trials and tribulations is solely up to us. Some people turn to depression, push people who care about them away and turn their backs on God, blaming Him for their pain. “Not all things are God’s doing.” Remember that when you start blaming or accusing Him. I fully believe that we have the ability to stop some things that go wrong in our lives from happening, but we overlook or disregard all the warning signs.
I heard someone say, there was a man in a boat, in the middle of the sea. He was trapped. He lost his oars, didn’t have a life-jacket and was scared. He began to talk to God. While doing so a boat passed him by. The man didn’t pay attention he continued to talk to God about how he allowed this to happen to him. Another boat, an even bigger boat passed him by. The man still didn’t try to get the boat’s attention. He continued to talk to and blame God for his dilemma. After one last boat, even bigger than to first two passed the man by after he told someone trying to help him that he was waiting on God to help him, he drowned. When he got to Heaven he asked God why he let him drown. God finally said, “I sent three boats your way, even allowed someone to try to help you and yet you still didn’t see that I was looking out and trying to protect you. It isn’t my fault that you were too stupid to see that I was there with you the entire time. I was always there to help you. You just refused to see that.” I say that to say, “Don’t allow the enemy to throw you off course. Don’t allow people, places or things to make you miss out on your blessing. So, next time you are faced with tragedy or heartache, don’t be too quick to blame someone other than yourself. Know that you are never alone, but it is up to you the way you accept or reject your help.
My sister has always been the stronger of the siblings. She commands and demands attention and respect. She has a way of making others feel safe in her presence. I know that when she is alone, she sometimes cry, grieve, but her strength continues to grow. Have you ever experienced something so hurtful that you felt like giving up? Have you ever thought that you were cursed or that you were being picked on, singled out? Well, if you have ever gone through something painful, it is just God’s way of strengthening you, preparing you for battle. Don’t lose hope, give up or become confused. God is not the author of confusion! And when or if you find that life is just too hard, too painful, get down on your knees and pray. Give all of your fears to God. Don’t worry and pray. Don’t doubt and assume. This gives move to the enemy to attack you even more. He preys on the weak. Know that there is always someone out there enduring something painful as you or even worse.
Strength, wisdom and courage are all you need to defeat life’s struggles. Place them inside your mind, carry them inside your heart and they will shield your soul and guard your spirit. I want to say thank you to my sister for being my inspiration. Thank you so much for being who God created you to be! You are never alone, so don’t stop being you. Although you have been plagued by many painful experiences, you are still standing. There is nothing too hard for God. Know that the battle is not yours and then you will always make it through. I love you!
If any of you have any experiences you would like to share, please do so. If you don’t want them posted or shared on the blog you can send me an email at passionatebutterfli@hotmail.com. Your story may inspire, encourage or assure someone during their time of sorrow. Don’t be selfish, besides there is no testimony without the word “test”. Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged and most importantly, be you!
Smooches,
Keke Chanel

Follow me on twitter @keke_chanel
Invite someone else to share in reading my blog: passionatepleasuresmindbodyandsoul.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment