Monday, October 15, 2012

Book Review

Good Afternoon Souls,

Here is another amazing author you should check out. She is an awesome story-teller.

Author to know and watch out for: Leandra Le Rae


Hood Love

Hood Love is an awesome tale of love, betrayal, heartache and abuse. The main character Jonnae is a sweetheart. I felt every emotion, during all the things she encountered in the book. I was shedding tears, and that doesn't usually happen while reading. Watching movies yes, but not a book. The special bond between her and her brother is so touching, loving and genuine that it made me cherish having a brother. My brother and I share a similar bond. I could personally relate to this story because I am happily married to my high school sweetheart. Although our story isn't anywhere close to Jonnae's, Chink's or Capo's, we shared our ups and downs. I have the same best friend since the seventh grade and I couldn't imagine going through what Jonnae and Shakeisha went through. I hope that it all turns out well between Jonnae and her mom too. There is no greater love than of a mother and child. I won't give any spoilers, but this book is a page turner. I read it in three hours. I am so excited to see what happens next. If you are looking for a good story, Hood Love is an awesome choice. You won't be disappointed. Great read!!!

Leandra Le Rae is also on Facebook and twitter...get to know her there! 

Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged and be YOU!

Purple Hugs and Kisses,
Keke Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment