Friday, July 15, 2011

Good Afternoon All!!!!

I asked a question to one of my close friends last night and we both pondered for a while. Can Christians love erotica without being looked upon as, how can I say this? As being promiscious, dirty, nasty, evil, followers of satan, etc. This is a very touchy subject, but someone has to talk about it. I am in fact a Christian, who just so happens to love and write erotic tales. I am married, with kids and I think that there is nothing wrong with freedom of expression. I am not perfect by any means, but I do try. With that being said, I want to know your thoughts on this particular subject. I will keep your answers anonymous if you like. I just want to know if their are others out there like myself. Someone read my blog and asked did I want to be labeled as person I'm clearly not for the stories I create. I didn't hesitate my answer because I know who I am, God created me this way. I have never really been the type of person to need acceptance from "people" and I don't plan on starting now. Let's face it, not anyone is going to like what you have to say. If that were true, our world would be all peaches and cream.There would be no laws because if everyone agreed or liked all that is said, what would be the need? I'm just saying!

I am in the process of getting my first book published and I am so excited. It's not Christian fiction but I touch on Godly content in some instances throughout it. I can't help it, I want the world to know that God has and always will be present in my life and He does exist. For those of you who don't think so, please feel free to remove yourself from my blog immediately, not hard feelings. You are free to think or believe whatever you like. Although this particular book isn't necessarily like my blog, there are a few steamy scenes that take place. So, keep your eyes open for "Deadly In Stilettos" it's coming soon! I won't go into detail about the book, but let's just say it is a "page turner".

Anyway, I got side-tracked a minute. Please bear with me. I am just totally excited about finally becoming a published Author. Hopefully one day soon, I will be on the New York's Times best-selling list. I have too many thoughts and ideas in my head that the world need to be entertained by. (lol) Back to the matter at hand. Christians and Erotica, what are your thoughts? I look forward to knowing your opinions. Your voice is meant to be heard, so don't close yourself off. Who knows, "you" may even be the one person to help someone get their breakthrough. Many people feel or think the same way, but only the courageous ones who speak out, make the difference. Don't sell yourself short, I most certainly will not, trust and believe! Ok, I will not preach or demand. If anyone wants to discuss, it will happen in time. For now, have a very great and productive day! And remember, "with wisdom comes understanding, and with understanding comes courage, and courage bring about change". Smooches!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I just received a text from a friend who wanted to comment but was at work and her work monitors their use. She said: "Christians are humans too. I'm a Christian and I love erotic sex, that just spices up the relationship." She said that she and a few of her co-workers were discussing this topic now at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to this question, I would have to first state that there is absolutely nothing wrong with "christian" couples who loves erotica. The bible never stated that a man and a woman could not spice up there relationship by being more creative in the bedroom. As long as the two parties or (A) married and (B) man and woman, everything is perfectly okay.

    I don't understand why people think that because you confess to be a christian, you can't enjoy life. One of Gods promises was and still is according to Psalms 84:11 is: no good thing will I withhold from those who walk uprightly. With this being true, as long as the two conceptualizing adults are in full compliance with the law (which is the word of God) they have His permission to be submissive to one another, to be fruitful and multiply, and to be sexual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, Keke, you DEFINITELY have the freedom to express yourself however you see fit. I cannot say that I agree with Christians can like and enjoy erotica only if they are a married man and wife couple. This is a touchy subject, but I am an open and very proud lesbian. I have a wife and we raise our son together. We are god-fearing and believing. As Christians, the Bible tells us to love one another, and we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. I feel like you should write whatever you feel happy with writing, and ultimately, if somebody doesn't like it, then don't read it!

    ReplyDelete