Monday, April 30, 2012

ASK KEKE CHANEL

Question #5

From: Kellie in Louisiana

When you have had three kids and lost yourself, how do you get back to your old self?

Kelli thanks for your question and congrats on the three beautiful children. Family is important. We should cherish the time we have together. There is never a dull day with kids around, right. My three year old keeps me on my toes, while my fifteen year old challenges me to read more. They are both wayyyy smarter than me. *laughing* Anyway, back to your question. I can go on and on about my kids.

I know that we all lose ourselves at some point in time but you will get back there. Besides, we wouldn’t know how to bounce back if we never slip, right. Life is just that, life. It gives us curveballs, lemons and any other thing to try us, but we have to be willing to do something about it. Start by looking at yourself in the mirror. The person you are is right there. She is smiling at you even when you cannot smile back. True, you have probably added a few extra curves here and there, but most men from the South love curves. *giggles*

The most important thing I can tell you Kellie is that if you are not happy with whom you have become, change it. It is totally up to you to take the first step. After that, start with a good diet and exercise. It helps when you have someone to do these things with for motivation. I don’t know how old your children are, but if they are not on a schedule where you can rest, put them on one. Getting the proper rest at night is essential to maintain a good diet and exercise. When these three things line up with each other, you will see and feel the difference.

We are our worse critics and I can bet that you are not far gone as you might think. Try meditating to rest your mind. Sometimes we need to just be still and relax. It’s okay! I can tell from your question that you really love yourself. Being a mom is the most selfless act I know. Caring for someone other than you is amazing. It shows character, courage and so many other qualities we all should strive for.  

Don’t rush. Take one day at a time. You will get there! As long as you maintain a positive attitude, surround yourself with positive people and positive surroundings, you are destined for a positive outcome. Please let me know how you do by keeping in touch. Thanks again for your question. Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged and be YOU!!!

Smooches,
Keke Chanel

Follow or subscribe to this blog—it’s free!
Follow me on twitter @keke_chanel
Get to know me on instagram keke33 (username)
Check out my website www.Kekechanel.net


Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment