Tuesday, April 2, 2013




April is getting to know AA Authors and their amazing work month for my blog!!! *claps hands* 

I wanted to shine the spotlight on some wonderful writers so that you can get to know them better, or in case you didn't know about them at all, consider yourself lucky because you are about to possess valuable information that will keep your electronic devices filled with great books. I feel honored to have been given the chance to get to know them and their work, so why not share!!! Since I have found my R.I.B. family, I have read so many wonderful stories and my kindle is overflowing. *one-clicking has become my favorite past time*

I don't really focus on the color of someone's skin when it comes to books, as long as the story is great, but I am proud to be able to share these awesome writers of color with you this month. It's sad to say, but often times we are overlooked, underrated, or not considered best-sellers due to genres we tend to gravitate to, which aren't labeled as society see fit. Now, there is nothing wrong with those type of stories, but don't get it twisted, we have much more to offer than "hood stories". This month's blog will prove that face far and beyond your wildest imagination. Now don't get me wrong, I love a good hood story too, but my love for mystery/suspense leads me in another direction when picking out a book. That's just me, so don't take this as me bashing or me saying not to support those authors. So not the case...

Get your pen and pad ready, this is going to be fun!!!

Meet Shelia Goss:



BIO: Shelia M. Goss is a screenwriter, national best-selling author and a 2012 Emma Award Finalist. She has over fifteen books in print and over seven books as eBooks. She writes in multiple genres: Christian fiction, romance, women’s fiction, suspense, and young adult. USA Today says, “Goss has an easy, flowing style with her prose…”
Some of her book titles are as follows: My Invisible Husband and Roses are thorns, Violets are true, Paige’s Web, Double Platinum, His Invisible Wife, Hollywood Deception, Delilah, Savannah’s Curse, Ruthless and Montana’s Way.  Her young adult book series is The Lip Gloss Chronicles: The Ultimate Test, Splitsville, Paper Thin, Secrets Untold and Tara’s Perfect Life.

Her new book Crystal's Crush is written under her pen name Sparkle. 




About Crystal's Crush by Sparkle:

Crystal Jackson is surrounded by drama. Her parents are constantly arguing and fighting. To escape the drama at home, she befriends Tyreek "Ty" Davis. Crystal ignores her two BFFs, Dena and Sade, warning about Ty and her crush leads her into a full blown relationship with him. Ty's dreams of being a football star are threatened to be crushed when he finds himself mixed up in his older brother's drama. Crystal learns that Ty is more than a high school student, he works for his brother. Ty soon discovers the identity of his father and his father's enemies set out to kill him and anyone close to him. Crystal and Ty are like a new age Bonnie and Clyde as they go on one deadly adventure after another. Lives are lost and enemies crossed. There's nothing sweet about turning sixteen as Crystal quickly finds out in this edgy tale of drama, intrigue and teenage love. 

Here is a list of Shelia’s favorite things:

My favorites:  (Dear Readers, I have too many favorites to list them all, so I listed a couple...smile)
Song:   Avant "You & I" featuring KeKe Wyatt  
Singer Solo: Prince; Group: New Edition
Film Romance: Love Jones; Classic: Imitation of Life; Musical: Grease; Action: Bad Boys
Book: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Author: J. California Cooper
Actress: Alfre Woodard
Actor: Samuel Jackson
Season: Spring and Fall
Color: Pink, Red and Black
Holiday: Christmas
Day: Every day of the week
Outfit:  A spring dress and sandals

Do you have any things in common with Shelia? Let us know by leaving your comments. For more information about Shelia Goss visit her at the links below:

Website: www.sheliagoss.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shelia.goss
Twitter: @sheliamgoss

I hope that this information about Shelia has given you great insight on her as an amazing writer. Check out her work and let me know your thoughts. Pass the information along to a friend or two. Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged and be you!!

Purple Hugs & Kisses,
Keke Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment