Monday, April 1, 2013

Something New





Hello Everyone,

I have decided for the month of April and May to do something a little different on the blog.  I thought that it would be a great idea to get some of my author friends together and share a few things about themselves. There are so many talented writers, with great stories, who aren’t getting the recognition or love, if you will, that they deserve. Plus, I cannot have my S.O.U.L.S missing out on such awesomeness. I believe that the more we know about something or someone, the more we tend to accept or want more of it. I have put together a list for each person called “Favorites” to give us a look into their world. By the end of May, you should have a long list of great authors and an even greater list of books to read. Share the information with your friends and family because you will not be disappointed, I promise!

Most of you should already know Keke Chanel by now, but in case you don’t, I will share my list of favorites with you all first. Every other day following, I will pick another person so that you can get to know them. I am so excited! Now, here are a few of my favorite things:

My favorite song: Well, that list varies from time to time, but if I had to pick right now, I would have to say “Adorn” by: Miguel. The song is so beautiful, passionate, and it just warms my heart whenever I hear it. It also makes me think of my hubby! *blushes*

My favorite singer: I absolutely love Sade. She is amazing. My hubby surprised me a year ago with great tickets to her concert, and it was one of the best I have attended. John Legend was the opener, so I was on cloud nine because he is one of my favorite singers as well. Sade is so graceful, humble and doesn’t seem to age at all.

My favorite film: I love old black and white pictures, but my favorite film is The Sound of Music. I watch it every time it comes on, and it never gets old to me. Pretty Woman, is my number two.

My favorite book: I have many but right now, after reading one of the new authors you will get to know, it is a book called Own My On by: Kesha Redmon. The book just touched me with every emotion you can possibly imagine. It is beautifully written, the characters are perfectly developed, and the storyline is very relatable. *GREAT JOB KESHA* She is definitely an author on the rise.

My favorite author: I don’t really have one because there are too many amazing authors whom I adore. I do love D.H. Lawrence. His poetry inspired me to write many years ago.
My favorite Actress: I absolutely love Julia Roberts and Angela Basset.

My favorite Actor: Samuel L. Jackson *bows down* the man can play any character and make you fall in love with them whether good or evil.

My favorite Season: Fall…there is just something about that time of year. I guess a few reasons would be because it is the pathway to the holiday season, and the way the leaves change color.

My favorite color: Purple, purple, and more purple! I can never get enough of it. I love it in every shade. When I wear it, I feel passionate, inspired, and regal. It soothes me. I have a purple quilt and whenever I feel sick or down, I can get under that quilt and within minutes, I feel better. It may be all in my head, but whatever… LOL J

My favorite holiday: Although I love Christmas, New Year’s is my favorite. Not only because it is my birthday, but because it just signifies a new beginning, change.

My favorite day: I love Wednesday! No explanation, I just love Wednesday.

My favorite outfit: I love being comfortable, so anything were I am comfy, is my favorite outfit. However, I do love a nice pair of skinny leg jeans.

Now that I have shared a few of my favorite things, why not share something of yourself whether to me or someone else. It’s good getting to know people. It helps makes the world a better place. Feel free to leave comments if you would like to tell me a little bit about you. Let me know if we have a few things in common. Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged, and be you!!!

 Purple Hugs & Kisses,
Keke Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment