Friday, April 26, 2013




SPOTLIGHTING AA AUTHORS!!!!





Meet Author Renee Luke:

1.       Tell us a little bit about you and your books.
I'm an author, mother, sister, friend.... I write stories that I want to read, and I strive to my characters real, likeable, believable, and emotional.  I want readers to feel connected to the story and invested in the characters relationship. While generally, I write steam and erotic, they're romances to the core.  The women I write are women who would be my friends if they were real, and the men, well, the men are men I'd want my friends to date. Or better yet, men I'd date--if I were single. I believe in happily-ever-after’s, even if my characters still need convincing.
In addition to writing, I love to garden. Last summer, my youngest son and I planted a whole vegetable garden including a salsa garden, corn, carrots, and we even grew enough pumpkins that we didn't have to buy them for Halloween.   And, though he's only four, my little prince charming picked me fresh flowers almost daily.

2.       How long have you been writing?
I've been writing for as long as I can remember. When I was little we didn't have a TV until I was ten and my mama would read aloud to us. She read books like C.S. Lewis and E.B. Nesbit. Stories like The Hobbit, The Sandlot, just to name a couple. And without TV, I had time to imagine. I had time to write. I started with poetry, writing little poems about horses and butterflies. And then, when I was fourteen, my best friend committed suicide and my writing changed. Rather than entertainment, it became my escape and solace. The poems became short stories.
The short stories became romance novels a few years after I had my second daughter. I had been delivered a shipment of Harlequins and I gobbled them up. Once I discovered how much I loved romance novels, I found a few book stores and read everything I could find, until one day I got bored with the characters and plots and decided I would try to do better.

3.       What inspired you to start writing?
Well, this is sort of answered above where I discuss how long I've been writing, and what led me to writing romance novels. What inspires me now, however, is my desire to not only provide a better life for my children, but the importance of chasing your dreams. I want them to feel inspired by me in the same way I feel inspired by them.

4.       What are your plans as far as writing in the future?
Well, this is a fun question. I've got lots of goodies planned for the upcoming months. In April, after several years of being out of the publishing scene, I finally released a new book, Sweet Spot. In April, I released Alley Cat, which is a short story based on a night club called Night Kitty that we were first introduced to in Making Him Want It. And you’ll be seeing more of Night Kitty as well. I plan on releasing a full length novel with Night Kitty club making an appearance, as well as additional short stories that will be part of the A Night Kitty quickie series. 
And Sweet Spot isn’t the only treat novella… coming next month, May, Body Butter will be available, followed by Cotton Candy in July.  I plan on doing enough of these tempting little stories that I’ll have enough sexy covers to make a calendar.
And outside of my lane, this summer I’ll be releasing a medieval erotic romance called Thou Art Mine… I love historical romance and cannot wait to see what the readers think of this story.

5.       What do you hope to accomplish in your books to your readers?
I want my readers to feel satisfied and happy when they’re finished reading. I write emotional characters and stories, but there is no deep issues or under the surface message. They are fun, feel good reads that will hopefully both satiate your desire, but also you leave you craving more.


Website www.reneeluke.net
Facebook www.facebook.com/reneelukenovels
Twitter @reneelukenovels
Blog www.reneeluke.net

My favorites: OMG, these are hard to pick just one.

Song: -Adore by Prince
Singer: All time—Michael Jackson
Film: Too many to name.
Book: Too many to name
Author:  Mary B Morrison, Eric Pete, Zane, Sylvia Day, Kayla Perrin
Actress:  no favorite
Actor: no favorite, though anything with LL Cool J, Rock, or Denzel is worth viewing.
Season:  Spring, the time of rebirth and starting fresh.
Color: Pink
Holiday: Thanksgiving, unlike Christmas, the kids expect nothing but family time.
Day: Monday mornings when the kids go back to school and I get a little quiet after a crazy weekend
Outfit:  A little summer dress, no matter the weather.

Here is a picture of Renee’s books:




I don't know about you guys but just looking at the covers for her books, I am ready to dive in and see what is happening! *it's getting hot in here* LOL Don't forget to checkout Renee's website and follow her on social media. Let me know your thoughts on her books. I look forward to hearing your comments. Until next time, be inspired, be encouraged and be you!

Purple Hugs & Kisses,
KEKE CHANEL

No comments:

Post a Comment